Friday, March 7, 2008

Luke's first shiner

Luke had his first big fall today. He fell against the face of our fireplace. We have the cushions to protect the corners, but it didn't help with the front walls. He hit it and immediately screamed out in pain. I picked him up and instantly saw the big bump and bruise on his forehead. I panicked. I know he will get many bumps and bruises during his life, but as a neurotic mom, it is really hard to deal with . I'm not going to be prepared for this part of parenting. Poor little guy. He also has a bruise on his left check from the nursery at MOPS this week. He apparently fell against the rocking chair. The lady said he is extremely active. I was like yeah, we already know that.
Happy Luke before the fall
Ouch!
Still smiling

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

He is just getting used to the bumps and bruises of football...Ha...

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Oh poor baby! I would be so sad! Still cute though, and such a trooper! If he's walking now I'm sure there will be many more of those.....