Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Communication

I have these teddy puff snacks that I give to Luke. They are apple cinnamon, diary, wheat and soy free treats in the shape of teddy bears. Luke loves them. Now he knows where I keep them in the pantry and this morning he was standing in front of the pantry pointing and doing his little high pitch "ahhhh!" I said "do you want more teddy puffs" while signing for more and he started stomping his feet and doing the "more" sign (well, sort of...he taps his finger to his palm instead of tapping fingers to fingers). It was so cute and I'm so happy he is starting to try and communicate with us. I opened the container and put it down for him and he to grabbed as many as his little hand could fit. He always makes a "mmmmmm" sound when he eats.

2 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

baby signs are great.... i used them too with the girls.. i hope to one day take a sign language class with them both!

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Isn't it amazing! So much up there and they're finally letting us in on it! Greta signs more, duck, and milk!